We welcome you to the 2020 conference season! To see speakers, topics and other information, select the links below. Or for a quick summary read the post below. We look forward to having you join us in 2020!
March 27 – 29, 2020
Southwest Conference on Botanical Medicine
- Location: Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona
- Features clinical lectures on the applications of botanical medicine in chronic health conditions, herb walks in the desert and medicine-making classes in the garden.
- Pre-conference field studies and a clinical intensive on Friday, March 27. Main conference is March 28 & 29.
- CE applications to be submitted for acupuncturists and naturopathic physicians (including California –CNDA). Credits pending: 13.5 hours for Saturday and Sunday, and up to 7 hours for pre-conference events on Friday.
- Just Added! The 2020 Southwest Conference on Botanical Medicine will now offer three credits in opioid addiction, for a series of two lectures by psychiatric nurse practitioner and medical herbalist, Lydia Bartholow. Arizona NDs may now earn 11 pharmacy credits and 3 opioid addiction credits (pending approval).
- Exhibit hall now accepting applications. Contact us for information and questions.
Speaker list: Lydia Bartholow, Paul Bergner, Sam Coffman, Phyllis Hogan, Tori Hudson, Glen Nagel, Mimi Kamp, Marianne Marchese, Heath McAllister, Kenneth Proefrock, Mary Rondeau, JoAnn Sanchez, John Slattery, Katie Stage, David Winston and Eric Yarnell.
May 29 – June 1, 2020
Medicines from the Earth Herb Symposium
- Location: Blue Ridge Assembly, Black Mountain, North Carolina
- Theme: Restoring Immunological Balance
- Over 40 clinical presentations in a beautiful mountain retreat setting.
- Friday pre-symposium field studies and clinical intensive May 29.
- Main event Saturday – Monday, May 30 – June 1.
- Panel discussions, Saturday keynote address, herb walks and medicine-making classes round out the program.
- Continuing education applications to be submitted for nurses, naturopathic physicians and acupuncturists. Credits pending: 22.5 hours CE for main event; Friday up to 4 hours additional credits.
- Exhibit hall applications now being received. Contact us for information and questions!
Speakers: Teresa Boardwine, Mary Bove, Chanchal Cabrera, David Crow, Doug Elliott, Christopher Hobbs, Robin McGee, Jason Miller, Kenneth Proefrock, CoreyPine Shane, Vickie Shufer, Katie Stage, Marc Williams, Jennifer Williams, David Winston and Donald Yance
- Registration is now open!
- Check back here for details as we develop the schedules and apply for continuing education.
- We look forward to seeing you at an herbal medicine conference in 2020!