Southwest Conference on Botanical Medicine
April 6 – 8, 2018 at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona
- Two full days (Saturday and Sunday) of clinical presentations and medicine making classes
- Pre-conference Intensive with Kenneth Proefrock Friday April 6, 1 – 5 PM:
Naturopathic Approaches to Treating Patients with Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Friday Field Studies on April 6 with Phyllis Hogan and John Slattery
- Outdoor classes and meals in the SCNM herb garden
- Continuing education for naturopathic physicians, nurses, acupuncturists.
Speakers: Paul Bergner, Jane Bothwell, Chanchal Cabrera, Christopher Hobbs, Phyllis Hogan, Mimi Kamp, Jeffrey Langland, Rhonda PallasDowney, Kenneth Proefrock, Mary Rondeau, JoAnn Sanchez, John Slattery, Katie Stage, Jill Stansbury, David Winston.
Medicines from the Earth Herb Symposium
June 1 – 4, 2018 at Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain, North Carolina
The retreat-like setting and the variety of presentations on herbal medicine offer the experience of stepping out of our busy lives to savor this weekend with the plants.
Begins with optional Friday events on June 1
- Ethnobotanical and Native Plant Field Study with David Winston
- Pre-conference Intensive. Botanical Medicine in a Clinical Psychology Practice: Chronic Pain, PTSD, Anxiety and Depression with Amanda McQuade Crawford
- Ecology, Propagation and Cultivation of Native and Oriental Medicinal Herbs with Joe Hollis at Mountain Gardens. .
The main symposium is Saturday, June 2 to Monday June 4. Program details and registration coming soon!
Speakers: Teresa Boardwine, Mary Bove, Amanda McQuade Crawford, Walter Crinnion, David Crow, Doug Elliott, Joe Hollis, Chris Kilham, Kathleen Maier, Robin McGee, Kenneth Proefrock, Jill Stansbury, Marc Williams, David Winston and Donald Yance.
We hope you’ll join us for an herbal conference!