We welcome you to the 2020 conference season! To see speakers, topics and other information, select the links below. Or for a quick summary read the post below. We look forward to having you join us in 2020!
March 27 – 29, 2020
Southwest Conference on Botanical Medicine
- Location: Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona
- Features clinical lectures on the applications of botanical medicine in chronic health conditions, herb walks in the desert and medicine-making classes in the garden.
- Pre-conference field studies and a clinical intensive on Friday, March 27. Main conference is March 28 & 29.
- CE application submitted and pending approval for naturopathic physicians (California). Credits pending: 13.5 hours for Saturday and Sunday, and up to 7 hours for pre-conference events on Friday.
- Acupuncturists: Approved for 20.5 PDA points (hours) by NCCAOM. Approved by California Board of Acupuncture, CEP Provider #1552, for 20.5 Category 1 CE.
- Naturopathic Physicians: Arizona ND application approved by SCNM CE Reviewers for 20.5 CME hours of which 13 can be pharmacy, or 11 can be pharmacy and 3 can be opioid addiction credits. Oregon ND application approved by OBNM for 20.5 credits of which 12.5 can be pharmacy and 1.5 can be ethics.
- Exhibit hall now accepting applications. Contact us for information and questions.
Speaker list: Lydia Bartholow, Paul Bergner, Sam Coffman, Phyllis Hogan, Tori Hudson, Glen Nagel, Mimi Kamp, Marianne Marchese, Heath McAllister, Kenneth Proefrock, Mary Rondeau, JoAnn Sanchez, John Slattery, Katie Stage, David Winston and Eric Yarnell.
May 29 – June 1, 2020
Medicines from the Earth Herb Symposium
- Location: Blue Ridge Assembly, Black Mountain, North Carolina
- Theme: Restoring Immunological Balance
- Over 40 clinical presentations in a beautiful mountain retreat setting.
- Friday pre-symposium field studies and clinical intensive May 29.
- Main event Saturday – Monday, May 30 – June 1.
- Panel discussions, Saturday keynote address, herb walks and medicine-making classes round out the program.
- Continuing education applications submitted for nurses*, naturopathic physicians and acupuncturists. Credits pending:
- Naturopathic Physicians: Maximum 21.5 CME hours of which 9 hours can be pharmacy, including Friday pre-conference intensive or Mountain Gardens Tour.
- Nurses*: Maximum 22 CNE contact hours including attendance at Friday Field Study.
- Acupuncturists: Maximum 22.5 PDA hours including Friday Field Study.
- Exhibit hall applications now being received. Contact us for information and questions!
Speakers: Teresa Boardwine, Mary Bove, Chanchal Cabrera, David Crow, Doug Elliott, Christopher Hobbs, Robin McGee, Jason Miller, Kenneth Proefrock, CoreyPine Shane, Vickie Shufer, Katie Stage, Marc Williams, Jennifer Williams, David Winston and Donald Yance
* This activity has been submitted to North Carolina Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. North Carolina Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (Note: $35 charge for nursing CNE due to high cost of new application.)
- Registration is now open!
- Check back here for details as we develop the schedules and apply for continuing education.
- We look forward to seeing you at an herbal medicine conference in 2020!