April’s Featured Recording:
Mushroom Medicine: Challenges and Potential with Christopher Hobbs, PhD, LAc
Chris Hobbs begins this lecture with a detailed description of making medicinal mushroom water extracts and growing some varieties at home. He then reviews the different species of fungi and their medicinal uses, enriched with interesting personal anecdotes.
Mushrooms have consistently shown immunomodulatory and anti-tumor effects when tested on humans. This lecture explores the compounds responsible for these findings, and how best to utilize them in medicine, with a focus on the types and uses of beta-glucans found in fungi. He also discusses the pros and cons of using fruiting bodies vs mycelium for medicine. (Catalog Number 16ME09)
For those who want to pursue more information on this topic, Chris has recently published an updated book in March of 2021: Christopher Hobbs’s Medicinal Mushrooms: The Essential Guide, available on Amazon.
- The featured recording mentioned above.
- Complimentary PDF of the speaker’s PowerPoint presentation.
- And free CE*: 1.5 general CME hours for naturopathic physicians, approved by OBNM
Steps to order your free* recording:
- Order at least one audio recording or digital book from botanical-medicine.org at the regular price.
- Before checking out, add this month’s featured recording to your order.
- Proceed to checkout. Enter coupon code FREE and this will discount the audio recording to zero.
How to earn the free naturopathic CE:
- Listen to the recording and keep a record on this certificate of all completed recordings. It’s as easy as that!
Questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
*The featured recording is free with the purchase of one recording or book. Continuing education (CME) credits are available for naturopathic physicians.