Online event registration will be open through Wednesday, May 31! After that date, you’re welcome to join us for the event and register at the door.
Note: All lodging reservations and meal plans need to be purchased online in advance. Registration closes for lodging and meals on May 24.
Medicines from the Earth officially starts with a welcome reception on Friday night, followed by speaker introductions and the Keynote Address with Chris Kilham. Lectures, demonstrations and herb walks take place Saturday and Sunday, with the Symposium concluding Sunday at 5:40 PM.
Date: June 2 – 4, 2023
Location: UNC Asheville in Asheville, NC
Theme: Aging, Stress and Neurological Conditions: Tradition and Modern Science
- 24 herbal medicine lectures to choose
- 2 panel discussions
- Herb walks and medicine-making demonstrations
- Friday intensives and field studies
- Keynote Address with Chris Kilham
- Concert with Doug Elliott, Todd Elliott and the Possum Gravy Boys
- Saturday evening bonfire with songs and stories
- Qi Gong on Saturday and Sunday morning
Speakers: Lise Alschuler, Rebecca Beyer, Mark Blumenthal, Teresa Boardwine, Mary Bove, Doug Elliott, Todd Elliott, Joe Hollis, Chris Kilham, Kat Maier, Jason Miller, Kenneth Proefrock, Jillian Stansbury, Katie Stage, Marc Williams, David Winston, and Donald Yance
Those who register and attend the symposium in person receive:
- Attendance at live lectures June 2 – 4 (Friday events, CE fee, lodging and meals are extra)
- Streaming of all videos made at the symposium for 6 months (except outdoor sessions which won’t be recorded)
- Full set of audio recordings to own
- Digital lecture notes to own