Welcome to the exhibit hall at Medicines from the Earth Herb Symposium, May 29 – June 1, 2020! View the full conference schedule.
Location: YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly – 84 Blue Ridge Circle, Black Mountain, North Carolina.
Lodging and Meals: All-inclusive lodging and meal packages start at $233 for three night’s lodging and eight meals. Commuter meals are also available for $75 for lunches and dinners. The prime rooms fill quickly, so register early.
Arrival: When arriving please come to the new exhibit hall location, the Lobby of the Blue Ridge Assembly. Setup begins at noon on Friday, May 29. More details below.
1. Please email the Sponsorship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org the names of your exhibit reps and their email addresses. Please keep us informed if the names change. Extra reps (more than two) at the booth pay a special registration fee of $289.
2. Each exhibitor is supplied with an 8′ rectangular table and chairs. Bring table coverings or draping.
3. Setup in the exhibit area is Noon – 8PM on Friday, May 29, and 7 – 10AM on Saturday, May 30. The exhibit area is open during symposium registration, breaks and meals. Attendee registration begins at 5PM on Friday and will take place in the exhibit hall area. There will be a reception with music and snacks, so it’s a good idea to be set up by then. The full conference schedule will be posted online in January. The last exhibitor break ends at 1PM on Monday, June 1.
4. Tables are staffed during breaks and meals. You may want to bring an extra cloth to cover your exhibit when you aren’t there. The exhibit hall will be locked at night.
5. If you would like to ship materials to the symposium, they should arrive no earlier than Friday, May 22. Your packages will be brought to your table for you. Address your shipped materials to:
Your Company Name
Blue Ridge Assembly
84 Blue Ridge Assembly Drive
Black Mountain, NC 28711
6. The conference is not responsible for lost or stolen articles and cannot ship goods back to exhibitors. All shipping after the event is the exhibitor’s responsibility.
We thank you for your support of the annual Medicines from the Earth Herb Symposium and look forward to seeing you there! Please email the Sponsorship Coordinator at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Additional Symposium Events
Friday’s Optional Events: To add an event to your exhibitor/sponsor registration, please email the Sponsorship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Symposium Intensive – Friday 5/29/20, 1:00-5:15 PM
Mitigating the Effects of Glyphosate and other Environmental Toxins for the Prevention of Chronic Disease and Health Optimization – the Application of Hormesis and Herbal Medicine
Presenter: Donald Yance, RH (AHG)
Location: Blue Ridge Assembly
CE: Applications submitted for 4 hours credit for nurses* and naturopathic physicians (3 general and 1 pharmacy hours for NDs). Approved for 4 PDA points (hours) for acupuncturists (NCCAOM).
Field Study – Friday 5/29/20, 10 AM-3 PM
Ethnobotanical and Native Plant Field Study
Presenter: David Winston, RH (AHG)
Location: Blue Ridge Assembly (outdoor class)
Note: Open only to registered symposium participants, 35 person limit. This event fills every year so please register early!
CE: Applications submitted for 4.5 hours credit for nurses.* Approved for 5 PDA points (hours) for acupuncturists (NCCAOM).
Garden Tour – Friday 5/29/20, 1:00-5:00 PM
Ecology, Propagation and Cultivation of Native and Oriental Medicinal Herbs
Presenter: Joe Hollis
Location: Mountain Gardens, about 1 hour from Blue Ridge Assembly
Note: Open only to registered symposium participants, 20 person limit.
CE: Applications submitted for 4 general hours credit for nurses* and naturopathic physicians. Approved for 4 PDA points (hours) for acupuncturists (NCCAOM).
* This activity has been submitted to North Carolina Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. North Carolina Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing Education Information
Please sign up in advance for your CE program even if there’s no extra charge. Add it to your registration by emailing the Sponsorship Coordinator at email@example.com.
Pending approval, we offer CE, CME, CNE, PDA and CEUs for:
- Acupuncturists: Approved for maximum 22.5 PDA hours including Friday Field Study (NCCAOM).
- Naturopathic Physicians: Maximum 21.5 CME hours of which 9 hours can be pharmacy, including Friday pre-conference intensive or Mountain Gardens Tour. Application has been submitted to OBNM.
- Nurses: Maximum 22 CNE contact hours including attendance at Friday Field Study. This activity has been submitted to North Carolina Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. North Carolina Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (Note: $35 charge for nursing CNE due to high cost of new application.)
Other Symposium Information
Cancellations: Before May 13, registration fees will be refunded minus $100 processing per registrant. No refunds can be given after 5/13/20. Cancellations should be emailed to the Sponsorship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pets, smoking and alcoholic beverages are not allowed at Blue Ridge Assembly.
Alternate Lodging: The Quality Inn (828) 669-9950 and Super 8 Motel (828) 669-8076. NEW! Hampton Inn of Black Mountain (828) 669-1000
If you are flying, the closest airport is Asheville, NC (AVL). Uber and Lyft both operate from the airport. Additionally, van service to Blue Ridge Assembly is provided by Diamond Executive Car Transportation. Call (828) 281-8139 to make your van reservations. Cost: $65 one way +3% for credit card payment (50 minute trip). If more than one person in the van, the fee is split evenly.
If you are driving to Blue Ridge Assembly, the address is 84 Blue Ridge Circle, Black Mountain, NC 28711. The conference center is located 14 miles east of Asheville, 2 miles from Interstate 40. From Interstate 40 take exit 64, “Black Mountain/Montreat, Hwy 9” and turn south on Highway 9. Proceed less than one-half mile and bear right on Blue Ridge Road. Travel one mile and turn left at the SMALL Blue Ridge Assembly sign. Proceed up the drive to Blue Ridge Center. Signs will direct you to registration.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Herbal Educational Services